Mecum Auto Auction Broadcast Live from Kissimmee Today!
by Eileen Marable
Finally, the day we’ve been waiting for… the first day of live coverage at the Mecum Auto Auction at Kissimmee, Florida! Starting at live at 1:00p E/P and airing again in primetime at 9:00p E/P, you’ll see an amazing line up of cars crossing the block right along with the audience at the auction.
We are thrilled to have Mecum expert Bill Stephens reporting for us live from the auction floor. He will be posting behind the scenes highlights from the auction that you can only find with us. We are sure to get a closer look at the cars and an insider’s look at the nail biting drama as the bidding heats up. Be sure to check in often for Bill’s updates!
To get you in the spirit we wanted to give you some highlights of yesterday’s action and some of the milestones in the Kissimmee auction:
- Tuesday’s Top Seller: A 1970 Plymouth Road Runner with the fierce 426 CI Hemi engine. This brute sold for $90,000. Have a look:
- More than 2,100 bidders registered yesterday with thousands of spectators on hand, so the rest of the week should be jam packed!
- Today at 5:30p E/P, the MLB Stars and Stripes – a 2011 Bourget Radius Python 330 Super Stretch Chopper will be auctioned off to benefit Welcome Back Veterans – an organization committed to providing Post Traumatic Stress Disorder treatment to veterans and their families. The bike, featuring a Pearl White all-American baseball/armed services theme. Designed at built by Bourget’s Bike Works for New Era Caps, the bike runs a 124 CI S&S V-twin engine with diamond cut heads.
- On Thursday at 5:20p E/P, a 2005 Big Bear Choppers Venom ProStreet bike will be offered for auction to benefit the American Freedom Foundation, Inc. The bike has a large diameter single radius downtube, the famous arched Venom swingarm, a low 23.5 inch seat and standard neck height with a 40 degree rake. Additional components include the proprietary low vibration 100 SMOOTH polished engine in front for a Baker 6-speed overdrive transmission, exclusive primary drive, and chrome frontend and controls. The American Freedom Foundation is a non-profit charity founded by SMA (retired) Jack L. Tilley, whose mission is to honor the men and women of America’s armed forces. www.americanfreedomfoundation.org
- Friday we’ll see a custom 1991 Chevrolet Silverado Sport Pickup – autographed by Dale Earnhardt and inspired by his famous #3 Monte Carlo – auctioned with proceeds donated in support of special needs students at Cooke & Old Village Schools in Northville, MI.
- Friday will also feature a lot from the Pam Lambert Collection – from noted female car collector Pam Lambert. We’ll see some 11 Corvettes, including a beautiful 1962 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 327 CI, 4-Speed
- Saturday a 1965 Mercury B/FX Comet Cyclone 289 CI, 4-speed will cross the block – this is a rare one – one of only 15 built.
- Sunday, 40 vehicles from the William Eckhoff collection - my favourite? His 1958 Chevrolet Cameo Pickup 283 CI Automatic. You all KNOW how I feel about ‘50s era trucks!
Now don't worry - this is by no means ALL the highlights! You know Bill will be here with much more and we just might feature some of the other special cars crossing the block.
Don't forget to tune in to all the action today through Saturday, live at 1:00p E/P and airing again daily in primetime at 9:00p E/P so there's no chance of you missing anything.
Let us know your favorites and your nail biting moments!