Top 7 Reasons Why Rescue Dogs Are Infinitely More Interesting
Today is Pet ‘Net 2011! The Daily Treat is a proud contributor of the Fourth Annual Pet ‘Net Event to raise awareness of pet adoption. Learn more about Pet ‘Net 2011 and check out other fun pet-related blogs and how pet adoption saves lives at Petside.com. To help contribute to Pet 'Net, simply tweet " #IheartShelterpets and @Iams will donate 25 bowls of pet food to local shelters " today and Iams will do exactly that!
We love dogs of all walks of life and whether they’re a purebred, mix-breed, half-breed or even a half-blood, dogs have distinctively wonderful personalities that never cease to amuse and amaze. However, if you’ve ever rescued an orphaned dog from a shelter or animal rescue organization, you understand that that dog brings a certain richness of experience that other “puppies of privilege” are sometimes unable to bring to the table.
As a proud mom of three rescue dogs with questionable upbringing (two purebreds and one mixed breed- Lulu -- at right) I am granted the joy of continually theorizing about what breed they might be, how much better I am as a parent and/or why they possess this or that mysterious behavioral quirk.
To enumerate further on why rescue dogs make wonderful pets, heretofore is the officially unofficial list of Why Rescue Dogs Are Infinitely More Interesting:
1) They possess richness of experience: They’ve “seen some stuff,” therefore have more street cred and are often wiser for it.
2) They can provoke an unending ‘guess my breed’ game: If you have a mixed breed, nearly every dog-loving human being that you encounter will have a theory about what breed your dog really is. It makes for great conversation unless you are in a hurry and don't feel like making small talk.
3) Possible siblings appear to be everywhere: Any dog that even remotely resembles your dog is quite possibly a sibling…right?
5) They are totally OK with you electing to pick a different birth date for them: Really – they are completely OK if you change their birthday date – just don’t forget that date or a cake once you select it.
6) Perpetual gratitude: Your rescue doggie understands and appreciates that living with you is like staying at the Ritz Carlton compared to shelter life. They are happy to have a simple, soft place to lay their head as long as you are near.
7) They evoke joy and pride: Rescuing a dog and helping save a life fills the heart with pride in knowing you've given a creature a new chance at life, not to mention the unconditional love they give us in return.
Looking for your very own infinitely more interesting furry friend? Find thousands of possible love interests at Petfinder.com
How You Can Help The Daily Treat Raise $500 for Rescue Animals!
Be sure the check out the other great blogs that are part of today's event at Petside.com and vote! The blogger whose article receives the most votes will receive $500 to donate to the shelter or animal rescue organization of their choice! Thanks for your votes~