Is this a new movie or a parody of "50 Shades of Grey" with Lady and the Tramp, perhaps?
It's neither. But with the movie coming out this Friday, you'd think so!
50 Shades of Spay is an initiative started by Found Animals, a privately-funded nonprofit organization dedicated to ensuring the safety of animals in homes, shelters and communities. Throughout the month of February and in response to the film's suggestiveness, the foundation plans to motivate pet owners to spay/neuter their pets.
Found Animals is asking spay/neuter programs across the country to show them your “50 Shades of Spay” to win a grant of $2,500!
To be eligible, your organization must:
- Perform at least 1,000 surgeries each year for publicly owned animals
- Like Found Animals on Facebook
- Post at least five (5) different photos on Facebook on at least five (5) days in February 2015 (starting January 27th) showing the awesome pets and people you serve
- Tag Found Animals in each Facebook photo post and use the hashtag, #50ShadesofSpay
- Tell us why your program deserves a $2,500 grant
Contest period ends February 28th. Winners announced March 9th.
You can enter here. Good luck everyone!